The Vision :
To become a school of excellence that brings out civil engineers with high technical competencies and promotes high-end research to meet the current and future challenges in civil engineering.
The Mission :
- To offer Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate programs in Civil Engineering and other skill development courses that add value to student competencies.
- To promote quality education, research and consultancy for industrial and societal needs.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students.
- To impart knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in students.
- To provide state-of-the-art resources that contributes to a congenial learning environment.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses.
- To establish centre of excellence in emerging areas of research.
- To have regular interaction with industry and offer solutions to their problems.
Highlights of the Department
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like bridges, roads, canals, dams, and buildings.
Civil engineering takes place on all levels: in the public sector from municipal through to federal levels, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies. There is no one typical career path for civil engineers. Most people who do diploma with civil engineering start with jobs that require a low level of responsibility, and as the new engineers prove their competence, they are trusted with tasks that have larger consequences and require a higher level of responsibility.
Scope And Objective
Within each branch of civil engineering career path options vary. In some fields and firms, entry-level engineers are put to work primarily monitoring construction in the field, serving as the "eyes and ears" of senior design engineers; while in other areas, entry-level engineers perform the more routine tasks of analysis or design and interpretation. Experienced engineers generally do more complex analysis or design work, or management of more complex design projects, or management of other engineers.
General engineers spend much of their time visiting project sites, developing community consensus, and preparing construction plans. General civil engineering is also referred to as site engineering, a branch of civil engineering that primarily focuses on converting a tract of land from one usage to another. Civil engineers typically apply the principles of geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, environmental engineering, transportation engineering and construction engineering to residential, commercial, and industrial and public works projects of all sizes and levels of construction.
Department has developed 4 (Four) state-of-the-art laboratories such as :
- ENVIRONMENTAL LAB
- GEOTECHNICAL LAB
- TRANSPORTATION LAB
- CONCRETE AND MATERIAL LAB